Thank you all for your numerous and excellent contributions that made EGAS 54 such a great success. Hope to see many of you again next year at EGAS 55.
To the homepage of the 54th edition of the EGAS conference. EGAS is an annual event with a long tradition, organized since 1969 by the European Group on Atomic Systems (https://www.eps-egas.org) of the European Physical Society. The 2023 event will take place in the heart of Europe from June 18-22 at the University of Strasbourg.
The Conference will bring together experts from across Europe and the World on the topics of EGAS:
- Fundamental physics
- Cold gases and quantum fluids
- Quantum optics, quantum information and quantum simulation
- Frequency and time domain spectroscopy and metrology
- Applications to astrophysics, plasma physics, biophysics, clusters . .
- Atom-like systems
A focus topic of the 54th edition will be on quantum technology applications of AMO Physics.
Please, find below some practical information :
The boat tour departure is planned at 16:00, on Tuesday, June 20, 2023.
Meeting point :
(located 2 minutes away from the Cathedral by foot).
Please, be on time, the boat will leave on time, it can’t wait.
Meeting point at 19:00:
Local area map:
- All talks take place in lecture halls 3 & 4 of the Institut Le Bel.
- The sponsor exhibition can be found just in front of the lecture halls in Institut Le Bel.
- The Welcome desk and the Cafeteria is 50m across at the Faculté de Chimie.
- All poster sessions and the welcome reception take place at the Faculté de Chimie.
- Lunch is provided at the University restaurant, “Resto U’ Esplanade”
Accommodation: Strasbourg is a popular tourist destination. Please book your hotel and travel itinerary as soon as possible. The University of Strasbourg has negotiated special rates for certain hotels, please consult the following list: Hotel List
Warning: We have received reports of scam attempts from “travel agencies” pretending to organize hotel and flight/train reservations on behalf of EGAS 54. Such e-mails are in no way connected to the conference organization.
Poster formats: Our poster boards support sizes up to A0 in portrait layout (A1 or smaller for landscape layout).
Strasbourg, the capital of Alsace, is situated in the region Grand Est alongside the romantic Rhine river on the French-German border. It is a historic, international and academic city, and boasts an eclectic mix of old and new: its historic city center (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) overlooked by the Notre-Dame-de-Strasbourg cathedral is contrasted by the modern seat of the European Parliament.